Update from Keith: November 2nd, 2008

Taylor missed Halloween. She had really been looking forward to it, but she developed a fever at 2 AM on Halloween morning. She's been at the hospital since.

It looks like her VOD is back (the liver problems she keeps suffering). She's had some issue today--at one point ICU came down to assess whether she should go there--but she seems to be better now. We'll probably have a week or so of miserable time, but hopefully she'll get better before next weekend.

In the meantime, the only bed for her was here on 4 east, on the opposite wing from where she is usually housed. We don't know the nurses as well here, but at least it's a break from the usual hospital drudgery. It somehow seems less miserable in a new place.

I think Taylor will be here for a while, but we'll see. They are going to transfuse her tonight and see if her blood pressure improves.

In the middle of writing this last sentence, Taylor threw up again. The nurse just took her temperature and it was 41.4 Celsius. That's 106.5 Fahrenheit. 106.5 might be a good number for an FM radio station; it's not a good number for a person's temperature. The nurse will summon the doctors. I hope this isn't a sign of worse to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a day goes by that I don't think about Taylor- she is in my prayers

Kori said...

I never know whether to comment or not, but I do read faithfully; there is so much I want to say, and I want to HELP, and all Ican do is offer up my sincere prayers for your entire family.